10 May 2011

I don't know why

...
but I had a dream last night about dirty silverware.

Upon awakening, and joining my daughters for breakfast, I recalled the dream, both in my mind and then to them.  Not the specifics, mind you - just my hand reaching into the silverware drawer and pulling out a dirty spoon, then looking harder and realizing all the spoons were marred with grime. Upon closer inspection, I realized all the utensils were soiled.  The odd thing being, when I first put my hand in the drawer, it wasn't apparent.  But after noticing the filth, it was impossible to not see. How bizarre.

Twixt, Jack laughed and said, "Look at me!  I'm a dirty spoon!"

...she cut us up.

I don't know why.

It feels like I'm going through life on autopilot.  I get up, go about my day, do needed chores and hit the hay... only to get up the next day to the same schedule, which feels too much like the day before... and will feel the same tomorrow, no doubt.  I see the days marking themselves off in little red Xs on my internal calendar. I watch, moving in slow-dream-motion as they tick by; unable to slow them; unable to fill them with any kind of significance, but waiting for some just the same.

I don't know why.

I looked in the mirror today and realized since living in this small Colorado town, I've been unable to escape the "Colorado Mullet."  I look like a 70's rock power-ballad star who can't quite release his grasp on the past.

...minus the mustache... on most days.

Coloradans in this small retirement town don it, or the "Andrea Yates":

she'd fit right in here... minus her children... oh, wait... my bad.
The hairdressers here can't pull off any different coiffure, it seems. They have a two-page flyer, showing many sides and presentations of the two aforementioned styles.

I don't know why.

In Joy & Enjoy

1 comment:

zirelda said...

I haven't been to my hair guy since I bought this house. Not enough money anymore. Ah well.

But I do remember it didn't matter what picture I took to him, my hair always looked the same when I left.

He rocks. :)

pass the popcorn, please!