22 May 2011

Blog like no one's reading

...
I've been watching what I say for quite a while now because people who don't have my best interest in mind are stalking my blogs. Trolls, they call 'em.

A friend of mine recently stopped blogging for the same reason - she was being trolled by a disagreeable and hateful person. I'm sorry to see her go - my friend, not the troll; I enjoyed reading her - my friend, not the troll. Unfortunately, she won - the troll, not my friend. Trolls most often do.

I've had my share of trolls here.

mine aren't nearly as cute; they spread no Joy around these parts...

I've recently found a blog I really like, and the author's words reminded me why I started blogging in the first place ~ other than to practice writing and because my first publisher told me to start ~ it was because I wanted to have my voice heard. Even if no one reads this, I feel it's been said ~ without interruptions (which is a feat in and of itself).  No one can talk over me, or through me, or louder or harsher. No one can punch me in the back to shut me up, or tower over me, screaming.  Although there are no ears to hear my words, I feel as if they're not falling on deaf ones.  There's something to be said about being able to have your say.

La-La-La... I can't hear you...
It's time I start blogging again like no one's reading. If someone uses my words against me for their own personal reasons, may they eternally rot in hell.  I've not asked you here. If you read me and like what you read, I'm grateful. If you stop by and don't like what you read, and leave, I'm okay with that - to each his own. If you read my words to build a case against me, your soul is likely poisoned by hatred and you probably need professional help.

"Christianity provides a Hell for the people who disagree with you and a Heaven for your friends."

"Live right up to your highest and best!  If you have made mistakes in the past, reparation lies not in regrets, but in thankfulness that you now know better. ~ It is true that we are are punished by our sins and not for them; it is true also that we are blessed and benefited by our sins.  Having tasted the bitterness of error, we can avoid it.  If we have withheld the kind word and the look of sympathy in the past, we can today give doubly, and thus, in degree, redeem the past. And we best redeem the past by forgetting it and losing ourselves in useful work."

From the Note Book of Elbert Hubbard

In Joy & Enjoy.

4 comments:

Marlee said...

YOU are so inspiring as well! Thank you so much for sharing, as I'm sure it was difficult to do. I don't know anything that could lesson any pain that you feel, but know that your inaction does not make anything your fault. You are an amazing person, and don't let that horrible Dusty character take anything else away from you. You are fantastic and strong! I support you all the way!

Sandra Miller Linhart said...

I switched it up a bit. I'm trying so very hard to let go of the negatives in my life. Since the end of the world was Saturday (21st of May), I decided Sunday would be a day of new beginnings. Sometimes I find myself digging up old bones; working very hard to stop that old paradigm.

Dusty is dead; he died alone and bitter from what I understand. He can no longer hurt anyone, and that is a blessing.

Thank you for your kind words. I enjoy your blog immensely.

zirelda said...

Very cool.

I'll start again when my thoughts have had enough time to gather and need to spew again. :)

Only I'll make a different home. And I won't feel compelled to constantly be uplifting.

You really are very kind.

Sandra Miller Linhart said...

Please do. I enjoy reading your thoughts. Even the uplifting ones. ;o)

pass the popcorn, please!