10 March 2011

What we've got here...

...
is failure to communicate.

I'm tired.

Disclaimer ~ If you're going to take issue with this whine session, do us both a favor and go away.  I think there may be a repeat of "Who's Dancing with the Next American Idol" on TV if you look hard enough. Make yourself elsewhere.

I have a very nice life; surrounded by few but awesome friends and extended family members with whom I choose to associate.  My children give me as much pleasure as grief... which I'm sure they can say the same about me, but I believe they're all wonderful souls who do the best they can do in any situation. I love them all dearly.

Having said that:

I'm tired.
I'm tired of being told I'm a bitch by people whose lives don't touch mine.
I'm tired of "fighting" for my existence - just leave me the hell alone, and I'll do the same for you.
No one invited you here; you can find your way out.


I'm tired of of taking the blame for things not in my control.

I am not the reason for your crappy day, or your crappy life, or your crappy relationships.
Really. I'm not.

I don't wake up every morning wondering how to screw with you next.  Really. I know it's a hard concept to take ~ you're not the center of my Universe. You're not.  Believe me.

I'm done here.
I'm done taking your insults and demands and pettiness, and turning the other cheek.
Take your bullsh!t elsewhere ~ find another mat.
.

5 comments:

zirelda said...

You definitely don't have to deal with folks like that.

I'm working on tuning some of them out right now.

I'll let you know how that goes. :)

In the meantime, you go Lady!

btw, character is way overrated.

Sandra Miller Linhart said...

Thanks, sister-friend.

I'm at the end of my rope here. I don't know how much more I can take.

Sandra Miller Linhart said...

You can't choose your children either. But, I wouldn't for all the gold and happiness in the world.

All five of my daughters are beautiful, strong individuals; three of which have grown into loving, intelligent adults.

I hope the last two daughters I have at home fair as well as they begin to make that trek up the mountain of maturity.

Everyone stumbles on the path. At least once.

...There's a light at each end of this tunnel, you shout. 'Cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again if you'd only try turning around...

Just breathe.
This, too, shall pass.

Anonymous said...

Sandi,

Anyone who knows you knows that this is true: You are immature. You're petty. You're bitchy. Stubborn. Thick-headed. And sometimes, yes, sometimes, ignorant. And, insensitive. And... well, you get the idea. But, you're also intelligent. Witty. Funny. Compassionate. Helpful. Loving. Thoughtful. Patient. Tolerant. Okay, just kidding with the last one, but your intolerance is the same as mine; towards people who are attached to being helpless victims not in control of their choices, and raging at the consequences of their choices, always looking for someone else to blame. So, really, you're just a human, like most of us, with good days and bad days.

What you're not, however, is whatever person your anonymous posters seem to think you are. The last I checked, you're finally going after your dreams, while still being a mother, after having spent the majority of your life being either a mother, or a wife, or, both (and sadly, for one of those Exes, a mother AND a wife... you'd really think he'd take advantage of the quality mental healthcare the military generously provides...!).

You're not whining about how unfair it all is. You're DOING something about it. And, from the looks of things, it's far more productive than dealing with ... these other people. People who, it seems, put you in a no-win situation, where you're damned if you say something, and damned if you don't. You're told to not call, and then shouted at for respecting those wishes. What a bunch of drama. Screw 'em. (Well, not literally, unless you relocate back down South, where it's legal and (in)bred into the local laws. Sorry, you Americans are so quirky with your hang-ups!) But, no, really, you've got to accept that daughters who grow up pushing their moms around tend to be moms who lose their children to government agencies. Write a book to warn the mothers who actually care about their children, and wash your hands of those who don't.

Your blog still pretty much sucks, though. You should work on that. :-)
Nothing but love for you, Colorado Sand. (Psst, hope to see you again in Pittsburgh this year!)
-Joseph Blasa

Sandra Miller Linhart said...

BTW ~ If anyone ever tells you you're in danger of ___fill in the blank____ because of my printed opinion, they're lying out of their beautiful ass to you, and they deserve to fry in hell for extortion... well... they deserve to be fired from their position of trust, at the very least.

Any good lawyer would have told you that.

This blog hasn't the power to change lives or circumstances; neither do I.

My tongue is sharp, but my opinions aren't weapons ~ they're words.

pass the popcorn, please!