14 October 2008

Happy at the end of my rope

I just recently got sucked into Facebook by an old friend from Ft. Benning, Kathy Long - I wrote about her earlier. She was my younger dotters' 1st grade teacher at Benning.
.
So, anyway, I started poking around and found some old friends... um, not 'old' necessarily... how about friends from my past?... on Facebook as well. Strange how no matter how much time passes you still feel 18 (maybe that's why so many older men leer at young girls - old men don't realize they aren't 18 any longer?? maybe not.) - and you still think about people from your past from time to time.
.
Much of my chapter book series: The Elementary Adventures of Jones, JEEP, Buck & Blue incorporated my friendships in my past - high school, jr. high, elementary school - neighbors, friends and foes - as well as in my present. I owe them all a debt of gratitude. I can honestly say there was no one I didn't care for in my home town as I grew up... 'cept maybe Dusty ;o) - and that one guy.
.
Don't get me wrong - there were some girls who were horrifically horrible to me growing up, especially in PE (gym class). I was a late bloomer. Pam P made fun of that fact and teased me unmercifully in the shower: "Maybe if you shave down there, the hair will grow back darker... Oh, my God, I think she's tried it!!! HAHAHAHahahahahaha." Yeah, a real laugh-riot. And, no I didn't shave back then. (Don't ask me about now, unless you really want to know the answer!) And the ever-so-original: "Them ain't boobs, those are bee stings!" hahaha ...funny.
.
Dawn M and Dana N used to love to aim for my face in dodge ball. I think it was a personal goal of theirs to break my glasses, or just my nose. I am unsure.
.
Yep, I pretty much hated PE class. It didn't help I was about as physical as a snail, weighed all of 75 pounds at 4'11" as a Freshman. Go, Tigers!
.
Seriously, tho - can anybody really climb that frickin' rope and touch the ceiling? And, what is the purpose of that specific talent?
.
I'm currently working on the next set: Stuck in the Middle with Jones, JEEP, Buck & Blue and was considering a set for when they're in high school as well... how does "Getting High with Jones, JEEP, Buck & Blue" sound? No? Well, send in your suggestions then, because I'm pretty much stuck... How 'bout: High Expectations of JJBB? Anyone? Anyone?
.
The phone lines are open.
.
Enjoy & In Joy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about "High on Life with JJBB"? Or maybe "High Adventures with JJBB"? Or "The High Adventures of JJBB"? Or "Hi! JJBB!" Or "JJBB in High Society"? Or "Rocky Mountain High with JJBB"?
If they are still going to be in Lander, you could pay homage to our old, now destroyed "JJBB and Lander Valley High" or some variation thereof, like "High School Dropouts JJBB", or "Meet Me Behind the School Gym After Lunch Period So We Can Get High, JJBB, You Got the Stuff?". The possibilities are endless...Maybe "Hijinx with JJBB"??? "Highlights with JJBB" "High Anxiety with JJBB" "High Crimes and Misdemeanors with JJBB" It all really depends where you want to take JJBB, right???? "To High Heaven with JJBB" I'm just brainstorming here. "Sky High with JJBB" "High as a Kite with JJBB" "The High Hat Club with JJBB"
"The High (pick one)Adventures of JJBB" Times, On the Hog, On You, With a Little Help From My Friends, On the Mountain, Level, Fever, Limit, Fidelity, Fiber, Frequency, Fat, Falutin', Fashion, Fantasy, Tech, Risk, Road, Quality, Point, Zero, Voltage, Velocity, Wire, Intensity, Jump, And Mighty, And Dry, Art, Altitude, Bar, Hill, Court, Country, Definition, Key, Falls, Energy, End, Gear, Noon, Grade, Heels, Hopes, Interest, and IQ. I think that about covers it. Hope this helps! Personally, I like "The High Country Adventures of JJBB" Has the High for High School and addresses the gorgeous, yet rugged and demanding death terrain of Wyoming, specifically Lander. Only those of pioneer stock can even hope to make it in Wyoming, let alone thrive, if you know what I mean? We were lucky to make it out alive, what with the long, cold (80 below with the windchill factor)winter days, the persistent and perpetual five plus feet of snow and the constant uphill both ways five mile trek to and from the one room school house on the prairie with the wood burning stove. Some days, school didnt even get rolling until noon, 'cause we had to chop enough wood to keep the drafty old place warm! Those were the days...

Anonymous said...

I don't think it went thru! Course not, it was funny and lllloooonnnnggg! You would have loved it. All my best work is lost...

Sandra Miller Linhart said...

*sigh* try not to think...

Too, too funny. Maybe I could use all your ideas in the title. How would that be listed in the dewey decimal?

pass the popcorn, please!