11 April 2008

Survey says...

You know, I’m really not political at all, but reading my blog you may get that impression. I apologize for misleading you. It’s just something about somebody else telling me what I SHALL have or I SHALL do or SHALL NOT do ticks me off a bit.

I SHALL have health insurance and car insurance… I SHALL pay taxes. And, I SHALLN’T beotch about it. Yeah, right… Bee Eye Tea Ee Em Ee!

What I want to do is write. And read. And play. And laugh. And be. And be in joy. And enjoy.

Every now and again surveys go around the email-coaster and you’re supposed to fill in the blanks with your own answers and send them on. From now on, I’ll just send a link to this blog, because – once and for all (until I change my mind) people – these are my answers (for the moment, anyway):

What’s your age?: today? 45… the day after my next birthday? 46
What color are your eyes?: The right one is denim blue with a golden circle around the iris, but if you don’t get close enough it just sorta looks green. The left one is just like the right one.
What’s your weight?: 125-155 lbs, depending on the weight of the world. I weigh much less on my home planet.
What’s your height?: Are you kidding me? You never ask a lady her height. What are you, an idiot?
What’s your sign?: Slippery when wet? No, Cancer
What’s your favorite precious stone?: Tanzanite
What’s your favorite metal?: Gold
What’s your favorite color?: Azure
Who’s your favorite actor?: Do they have to be alive? Okay, then - Female? – Meg Ryan & Kathy Bates; Male? - Tom Hanks & Owen Wilson – to name only two of each.
Who’s your favorite author?: (Besides me?) Stephen King and Elizabeth Berg – to name only two.
Who’s your favorite singing sensation?: (Besides me?) Michael Tolcher, Rob Thomas, Sarah McLaughlin – to name only a few.
(My sister always asks what I did with the money. I always answer with: “What money?” Twixt she always replies: “The money I sent you for singing lessons.” And then, I always say: “Let that be a lesson to you!” Yeah, we’re always fun like that.)
What are you wearing?: (no, wait, that’s what guy said on the phone to me last night… right after the really heavy breathing…never mind)
What’s your favorite food?: Anything edible – I am carnivorous, not because I hate animals… but because I love plants.
What’s the last book you read?: A New Earth, by Eckard Tolle
What’s the last movie you watched?: Horton Hears a Who
When’s the last time you cried?: When I filed/paid my taxes.
What inspires you?: Life
What’s your biggest fear?: Outliving my kids
What’s your pet peeve?: Pet Peeves
What disgusts you?: For one - Liars of every shape and size, regardless of their reasons for lying. Another – pedophiles and pimps (Yes, I’m also talking about the scumbags who produce/buy/promote the wonderful “Girls Gone Wild,” and the like, Videos – who, in my opinion, are all of the above.) And, watching people eat bugs. And other stuff like that.
Do you believe in God?: Not as a person, but as a concept – yes.
Do you believe in Jesus?: Not as a person, but as a concept – yes
Do you believe we are alone in the Universe?: No, it just feels that way sometimes.
What’s your favorite flavor?: Wow, that’s a harder one than the God/Jesus questions - Ice cream?: Pistachio; Coffee?: Chocolate; Imitation (as in candy)?: Strawberry, Cherry or Raspberry;
What’s your favorite aroma?: baking bread, vanilla, lilac, the smell of my children’s breath (after they’ve brushed their teeth)
What’s your favorite candy?: Hot ‘Males; Good ‘N Plenty; Licorice; Cinnamon Bears
What’s your ideal car?: ‘65 Mustang convertible
What was your favorite toy as a child?: Boys… as an adult it’s Men.
Do you have any regrets?: Yes, answering these surveys.
Have you ever died your hair?: Well… I’ve never killed it, if that’s what you’re asking.
Have you ever permed your hair?: Yes, but more like temped it ‘cuz it didn’t stay that way for very long.
Have you ever had surgery?: yes – a bazillion times… or, it could be less. I lost count.
Have you ever had vanity surgery?: Just my eyes – had lasik
How many surveys like this have you filled out?: More than I’ve had surgeries, that’s all I know.

Anything else you’d like to know about me? Just ask – I’ll answer any question you may have.

Enjoy & In Joy
S

6 comments:

Sandra Miller Linhart said...

Earlier I called my bro a liar... he's not really a liar, but I was just trying to CMA, as he'll probably tell you stories about me I'd rather not anyone know...

So, when I said I don't like liars, I wasn't speaking of my bro, even tho I lied about him lying... so, I guess I'm talking about liars that lie when it counts, not lying to make it funny... which is really getting convoluted at this point... so maybe I should just shut up.

Never mind.

Pen Drive said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Sandra Miller Linhart said...

Thanks ever so much. I'll check out your blog, post haste... or postal tasty, or something like that.

Thanks for playing
S

Sandra Miller Linhart said...

Oops, fell for that one - It's an advertisement for a USB drive. In spandish, no less.

there goes that big balloon head of mine, thinking someone liked my blog. (Not beautiful by any means, but likeable)

*red face*
Humble once more,
S

Anonymous said...

And just when you were talking about liars! Time wasters too! How about Pin Head! I love your blog! It makes me happy! Isn't that all that counts???!

Sandra Miller Linhart said...

Yes, Anne Ominous - making you happy and keeping you happy IS all that counts...

Touche' (inside joke)

My blog will either make you feel happy...
or self-righteous.
Glad I could be of service.

and, I would not lie about something as serious as that!

Enjoy feeling happy.
Enjoy feeling superior.
Enjoy life
whatever...
just Enjoy!
and, bless your heart

pass the popcorn, please!