15 May 2007

My first blog entry... now what?

So, people from my past and present have urged me to start a blog, and now my publisher has chimed in. What does one do now? If you can't beat 'em...
Start singing.
I started writing over 10 years ago. Well, when I say 'started', I mean I started sending my works to various publishers. The first one I sent came back almost immediately - seemingly unopened. I wish it had been. The rejection letter sent me back to elementary school, reliving the most humiliating experience in my life. And, no, I won't tell you what that was, but I'm sure you've had an equal experience.
It took me a couple of months, and the incessant nudging from my good friend, Carol, to try again. Nine years later I signed my first contract with Windstorm Creative.
Moral of the story - never give up.
More later.
Sandi

No comments:

pass the popcorn, please!